We're here to help with your solar questions.
With expert knowledge in mind, we’ve created the Solar Knowledge Hub. It is here we explore the benefits of solar power, how solar systems work, renewable energy innovations such as electric vehicles, off-grid tips, the latest solar energy news from around the world and the ways in which it affects our local community.
Take a look around and check back regularly – we’re always trying to help spread the word, so there’s regularly something new posted here.
- Solar, Solar PV, Solar Panels, what is the difference?There are so many terms when talking about solar, so here’s our jargon buster… Solar: Officially is ”of or relating to the Sun”. Within the solar installation industry it is used as a ‘catch all’ term when talking about the product or system that produces electricity for you from the sun. Solar ... Read more
- How is solar electricity used in my home?As you use appliances in your home you create an electrical demand. The more appliances you use at once increases your electricity demand. Solar panels will generate a varying amount of power output depending on the irradiance (intensity of the suns radiation). This can be affected by the time of day, ... Read more
- Are batteries worthwhile with solar?Batteries are a great partner to solar energy system. Batteries can store excess energy produced by your solar system and also provide back up power during an outage. By adding batteries to your solar system, the battery replaces the grid: When solar power is being produced it will supply your home appliances requiring ... Read more
- What maintenance is required for a solar system?Solar panels have no moving parts, so require very little maintenance. By choosing the best quality parts and using the best installation practices, we can ensure customers are completely confident in their performance of their solar system. To ensure you receive the best return on investment, we have a few ... Read more
- How do I become more self sufficient?With global warming, the world population explosion, and environmental pollution increasing rapidly, many New Zealanders have become advocates of sustainable living. Let’s look at what it means to live sustainably and how you can make small steps towards saving our precious environment. What is sustainable living? Conscious attempts at reducing waste and ... Read more
- What are the best inverters?A solar inverter is at the heart of a solar system. The solar inverter works hard to convert DC electricity from solar panels into AC electricity that we can use in our homes. The better quality an inverter is the longer it will last. If you buy a low-quality inverter, ... Read more
- 6 amazing solar energy facts you probably didn’t know!1 – Every hour almost 100,000 solar panels are installed worldwide. According to the World Economic Forum, the demand for solar panel installations is booming. Solar power companies install 1000 football fields worth of solar panels every day worldwide. 2 – Air Pollution is holding Solar power back. Solar energy production works better ... Read more