Lead Electrician/Solar Installer
Lead Electrician/Solar Installer Position
Our business is built on doing things right. Prioritising quality and customer experience.
We work closely with our customers to design and install the best solar and battery systems for them.
Are you passionate about renewable energy and want to work with high-end products such as Tesla? Are you one to lead by example, take ownership of the job, and have excellent communication skills as well as enjoy interacting with customers?
Wanaka Solar is looking for a lead electrician who is willing to learn and transition to the specialised field of solar installation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for installing and maintaining solar installations, as well as ensuring that all electrical systems are functioning properly as well as overseeing the job and other staff on site. This is not just another electrical job, it’s a specialist field that will require time served to gain experience. The candidate will need to be reliable, hardworking, have fantastic time management skills, and be able to pick up new skills quickly. Having solar experience is preferred, but not limited to.
The remuneration package will be dependent on the candidate’s experience. Candidates should be interested to work in the solar industry.
- Install, maintain, and repair solar panels, wiring systems, and electrical equipment
- Ensure that all electrical systems are working correctly, and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Work with team members to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Keep up to date with the latest technological advancements in the solar industry
- Follow safety procedures and guidelines at all times
- Must have a valid electrical license and be familiar with electrical codes and regulations
- Knowledge of solar installation and maintenance is preferred but not required
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Must be physically fit and able to work at heights
- Passion for renewable energy and willingness to learn
- Communicate effectively with team members and customers
- Provide exceptional customer service and ensure customer satisfaction
- Participate in ongoing training and development to enhance skills and knowledge
- Ability to use software for job updates, COC’s and project management
If you have a passion for renewable energy and are ready to take on a new challenge, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
To apply for this position, please fill in the application form below.
Good luck. The Wanaka Solar Team
"*" indicates required fields