Solar Technician Position
Our business is built on doing things right. Prioritising quality and customer experience.
We work closely with our customers to design and install the best solar and battery systems for them.
Purpose of the role
Installation of solar and battery storage systems, delivering an exceptional customer experience.
What we are looking for
We are not looking for an experienced person. The role would suit you if your experience level lies between:
a 2nd-year electrical apprentice to being qualified for a couple of years.
It would be great to talk to you if you have some electrical experience and are interested in training as a Solar Technician.
It’s a good opportunity to join a growing industry with an exciting future!
You will get to work with one of the most experienced solar teams and learn from the best.
Why join us?
- Feel good about the work you do.
- Gain experience in the solar industry, with huge future opportunities for you.
- Learn a niche area of the electrical industry.
- Work with high-end solar products of the latest technology.
Are you someone who:
- Cares about helping people and the environment?
- Wants to pair your electrical skills with your values?
- Has a hunger to learn and work with world-class products?
What will really help your application:
- Electrical Worker’s Licence (Limited or Full).
- Interested in renewable energy.
- Solar-specific experience is a bonus!
- Installation of roof and ground-mounted solar arrays.
- Installation of grid-tied battery systems.
- Off-grid system installation.
- Maintenance of solar and battery systems.
- Follow the New Zealand Electrical regulations.
- Troubleshoot electrical issues using appropriate testing devices.
- Test and prove all work is safe and operational.
- Stay current in these areas of the solar and battery industries’ latest product solutions.
- Organise efficient collection of materials for projects.
- Manage waste and any recycling and seek to minimise material waste.
- Maintain excellent communication with customers.
- Communicate well within the team, to team leaders and the operations manager.
- Ensure all project updates are done regularly using the relevant in-house software. Such as photos, timesheets, consumables, and certificates.
- Liaise with Operations / Project Manager to keep stock levels up to date.
- Provide technical input to solar designs.
Health and Safety
- Work in line with company health and safety policy.
- Manage the Health and Safety of the team and the public.
- Ensure Health and safety assessments are completed and actioned and documentation is submitted.
- Contribute to company Health and Safety improvements.
- Ensure all PPE equipment is used, is in date and is to standard.
To apply for this position, please fill in the application form below.
Good luck. The Wanaka Solar Team